- Wallpaper: hummingbird cake recipe.jpg
- Food Recipes Easy
- May 26, 2019
Welcome readers, we will share the writing of food recipes, that is directly practiced in the home
The flavour of the pineapple in the Hummingbird Cake reminds me of the wonderful taste of pineapple upside down cake fresh from the oven.
The Tutti Fruity cake with it's tinned fruit salad reminds me of childhood puddings of fruit salad drowning in evaporated milk!
Both these recipes are low in fat and taste great fresh from the oven:-
2 egg whites
1/3 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
½ cup of apple sauce (fresh or from a jar)
¾ cup of canned, crushed pineapple (or pineapple rings crushed with a fork) - drained
1 cup mashed bananas
1 teaspoon of mixed spice
2 cups self-raising flour
For the icing:-
1 cup of icing sugar
1 tablespoon of pineapple juice (reserve this when you drain the pineapple)
2 teaspoons of margarine
1. Set the oven to 180 degrees
2. Beat the egg whites and sugar together
3. Stir in the bicarbonate and apple sauce.
4. Now add the pineapple, bananas and mixed spice.
5. Fold in the flour gently with a wooden spoon.
6. Pour into a cake tin.
7. Cook at 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
8. Once cooked remove from oven and allow to cool.
9. Mix the icing ingredients together and smooth over the top of the cake.
Serve & enjoy!
Yvette's Tutti Fruiti Bites Cake
2 egg whites
½ cup of sugar
½ cup apple sauce (fresh or from a jar)
¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
440g can of fruit salad (drained)
2 cups of self-raising flour
¾ cup of icing sugar
1 tablespoon of passionfruit juice
1 teaspoon of margarine
1. Turn the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Beat the egg whites and sugar in a bowl.
3. Stir the bicarbonate into the apple sauce.
4. Add this to the bowl.
5. Add fruit salad.
6. Gently fold in the flour with a metal spoon.
7. Pour into a cake tin.
8. Cook at 180 degrees for 25 minutes
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool
10. Mix icing ingredients together with a fork and smooth on the top of the cake.
Eat whilst fresh and still warm!
Please note that all the above measurements are in Australian cup sizes, which are apparently not the same as those used in the U.S.
Many thanks to Yvette who shared this tasty Aussie recipe with our family.
Thanks in your visit to our own blog. remember to share, go through updates from blog, which we will pin on our Pinterest account, hopefully it will likely be useful persons
source : https ://oklikshare .