- Wallpaper: 114.jpg
- Food Recipes Easy
- May 8, 2019
Welcome readers, we will share the writing of most food recipes, which can be directly practiced in your house
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM BARS
- 20 Golden Oreo cookies,crushed with the cream filling (about 2 cups) (OR you can use any Vanilla Creme Sandwich Cookies - they even have Gluten Free ones here )
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 1/2 - 5 cups of your favorite Vanilla Ice Cream ( homemade or store-bought)
- 2 1/2 cups of Strawberry Sorbet (homemade or store-bought)***
- 8-10 Golden Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons freeze-dried strawberries (pulsed into powder*) OR strawberry gelatin (jello) powder
- Order Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- Line an 8 x 8 square baking dish with parchment or wax paper leaving an overhang for easier removal of the bars. Set aside.
- Make the cookie crust - In a food processor, add the entire Oreo cookies (no need to remove the cream filling) and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and stir until combined. Press mixture into the bottom of lined baking dish. Place in freezer for about 20 minutes to set.
- Make the crumbled topping - In a small bowl, zip-top bag or food processor, add Oreo cookies and crush into large crumbs. Mix with softened butter and press together into pea-sized pieces. Combine with freeze-dried strawberry powder (or strawberry jello powders). Set aside.
- Assemble - Remove vanilla ice cream and strawberry sorbet from freezer to soften (takes about 15-20 minutes). When ready, scoop around 2 cups of vanilla ice cream over the cookie crust and spread evenly using an offset spatula.
- Place pan in freezer to harden slightly (about 10 - 20 minutes).
- Next, spread the sorbet over the vanilla ice cream layer evenly. Again, place pan in freezer for 10 minutes if needed. Add the final layer of vanilla ice cream spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle the strawberry cookie crumbs evenly over the bars. Place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Lift out of pan using the parchment paper overhang. Allow to sit out for about 5-10 minutes so the crust softens up slightly. Using a very sharp knife, cut into square rectangles. Store bars in freezer until ready to serve.
- To make the strawberry powder, pulverize the freeze dried strawberries using a food processor, mortar and pestle, or plastic bag and rolling pin. We want the powder to be fine. Around 1 ounce of freeze dried strawberries will yield 3 tablespoons of powder.
- *If you can't find strawberry sorbet, you can use strawberry ice cream and blend with 1 - 1 1/2 cups of frozen strawberries.
- ***To ensure even layers of the ice cream, place the pan back in the freezer for about 10 minutes after adding each layer.
Thanks in your visit in our blog. don't forget to share, keep to the updates from blog, which i will pin on our Pinterest account, hopefully it's going to be useful for other people
source : foodandcake123 .