STRAWBERRY FILLED ANGEL FOOD CAKE
Author: Made From Pinterest
- 1 box Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix
- 3 cups quartered strawberries plus extra if you want to line the outside of your cake
- 2 pints whipped cream
- 1 – ½ cups powdered sugar
- Angel Food cubes after removing from cake
- 1 8oz brick Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup butter, room temp
- Garnishment if desired. Sprinkles, non-pareils, or chocolate curls. I found my red and white chocolate curls at a gourmet food store nearby.
- Order Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- Prepare and bake Angel Food Cake per the instructions on the box.
- When cool, cut the top off of the cake. Use a long, serrated knife and keep it as level as possible while cutting. Cut about ¾ to 1 inch down from the top of the cake. Remove top of cake.
- After the top has been removed, cut along the inside of the cake near the center hole. Use a shorter serrated knife and cut around the entire circle.
- Then cut around the outside edge of the cake. I usually cut about ½ – ¾ inches away from the edge.
- Slightly remove the inside of the angel food making sure you leave some cake at the bottom. Reserve what you remove to add to the filling.
- With a beater, whip your whipped cream and add the desired amount of powdered sugar to taste.
- Cut your strawberries into quarters (3 cups)
- Combine 1 to 2 cups of whipped cream to the strawberries and mix.
- Cut the angel food cake that you removed from the cake into cubes and add to the strawberries and whipped cream.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture into the inside of the angel food cake. Fill to the top and even mound the filling.
- Replace the top of the cake.
- Blend all ingredients until well incorporated and there are no lumps.
- With an offset spatula, frost the angel food cake.
- If the frosting is too stiff, you can add a little bit of whipped cream if you have any left over from the strawberry mixture.
- Garnish with cut strawberries at the base if desired.
- Garnish with a topping if desired. Sprinkles, non-pareils or chocolate curls. I found my red and white chocolate curls at a gourmet food store nearby.
- Keep refrigerated.
- When serving, use a long serrated knife to slice the cake.