- Wallpaper: chocolate fruit dip 1 2.jpg
- Food Recipes Easy
- April 13, 2019
This spiced fruit bake is a fast and easy breakfast casserole made with apples, pineapple, pears, peaches, pecans, pomegranate seeds, and a touch of cinnamon.
Morn relieve matter is the inviolable finest (especially after a unsound, diligent holiday) and this spiced production heat casserole is one of my selection make-it-and-forget-it breakfast dishes.
Just prepare the recipe up until you’ve poured the hot sugar sauce on top, then cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight. When ready to bake, let the casserole warm up on the countertop for 30 to 60 minutes, then bake and finish the recipe as written.
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 29 oz peach halves drained
- 29 oz pear halves drained
- 1/2 cup pecans halved
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 medium apple peeled and sliced
- 20 oz pineapple chunks reserving 1/4 cup juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a wide baking dish (that can hold 10 cups or 2 1/2 quart) with cooking spray, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice until coated.
- Drain pineapple chunks and reserve 1/4 cup juice; set juice aside. Add drained pineapple chunks to bowl with apples.
- Add drained peach and pear halves to bowl, then toss thoroughly to mix.
- Pour fruit into prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Top with halved pecans. Set baking dish aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and reserved pineapple juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar has dissolved and butter has melted (mixture does not need to boil).
- Pour heated sauce evenly over fruit in baking dish.
- Bake fruit, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve immediately with pomegranate seeds sprinkled on top.