Welcome readers, we’ll share the writing off food recipes, and this can be directly practiced at your home
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas are rich, creamy and easy! Chicken, onion and cheese are wrapped in flour tortillas, then topped with a cheesy sour cream sauce and baked to golden perfection!
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded, or about 2-3 cups of shredded chicken
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 4 ounce can green chiles or you can used diced jalapenos but start with just a tiny bit and taste test before adding more
- 16 ounces monterey jack cheese shredded, be sure to buy block cheese and shred it yourself for the best flavor with this recipe
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for about a minute or until golden brown.
- Slowly add chicken broth and whisk until completely smooth. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Turn heat to low. Stir in sour cream and green chiles.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, onion, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Place 1/3 cup of chicken mixture in the middle of each tortilla, roll up and place into baking dish.
- Pour 1 cup of sauce into a 9×13 baking dish. Place chicken rolls in the baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over the top of the tortillas in the dish. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until browned and bubbly.