- Wallpaper: 1557155471 up14.png
- Food Recipes Easy
- May 6, 2019
Welcome readers, i will share the writing of most food recipes, which is often directly practiced from home
Slow Cooker Chicken, Broccoli and Rice CasseroleThis cheesy Slow Cooker Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole takes just minutes of prep, thanks to your crock pot! It is one of my favorite crock pot recipes for quick family dinners!
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup long grain brown rice rinsed and drained (do NOT substitute white rice or any other type of rice)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt optional, for extra creaminess
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place onion, brown rice, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, dried thyme, salt and pepper in bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour in broth and stir until well combined.
- Add chicken to the slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken with additional black pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours, until chicken is cooked through and rice has absorbed almost all of the broth. In my slow cooker this took 3 hours on high.
- When the slow cooking time is almost finished, cook the broccoli. You can steam it on the stove or in the microwave, or roast it in your oven. (It is also possible to cook the broccoli in the slow cooker by adding it on top of the rice and chicken during the last hour of cook time. If you slow cook the broccoli it will lose its vibrant green color. I get best results when I steam the broccoli on the stove.)
- When chicken and rice are done, remove chicken to a cutting board.
- Add the plain Greek yogurt (if using), Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese to the rice in the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and add to the slow cooker along with the cooked broccoli. Stir and serve.
- Do not substitute white rice or any other type of rice. Use long grain brown rice.
- I do not recommend cooking this recipe on low. Cooking on low leads to mushier rice.
- Some readers have commented that the rice in this dish is mushy. Slow cooked rice will always be much softer than rice cooked on the stove top or in a rice cooker. My family loves this casserole and we make it all the time. We love the flavor and how easy this recipe is. If you are worried about mushy rice, this may not be the recipe for you.
- Some slow cooker recipes are easily adapted, this one is not. I recommend making the recipe exactly as written, with the understanding that all slow cookers cook differently. Your casserole may take slightly longer or shorter to cook, depending on your slow cooker. You’ll know it’s done when the rice has absorbed almost all of the liquid.
- I do not recommend doubling this recipe.
Thanks on your visit to our own blog. remember to share, stick to the updates from our blog, which we'll pin on our Pinterest account, hopefully it will likely be useful for other people
source : heathyeasy .