- Wallpaper: Paleo26Whole30MarinatedFlankSteak.jpg
- Food Recipes Easy
- May 8, 2019
Welcome readers, we will share the writing off food recipes, which may be directly practiced from home
Cuisine Paleo &, Whole30
Prep Time 2 hours
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 10 minutes
Servings 6 servings
Calories 285 kcal
- 3 medjool dates pitted and softened if necessary by soaking in very hot water
- 2 tbsp water you can use the soaking water, if you want
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos*
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar or preferred vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- black pepper or crushed red pepper flakes for spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1.5 lbs flank steak
- chopped fresh chives green onion or your favorite fresh herbs for garnish
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a high speed blender except for the olive oil, then once pureed, add the olive oil with the blender running on low.
- Score the steak all over with a knife, place in a large bowl and pour all the marinade over the steak, turning to completely coat. Cover tightly in plastic wrap and marinate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Once ready to grill, preheated grill to medium high heat. Remove most of the marinade from steak, leaving a very thin coating. The rest of the marinade can either be discarded, or boiled into a sauce for the steak (see instructions below)
- Place the steak on the hot grill and turn after the first side is browned with visible grill lines, repeat on the second side. Lower the heat to medium, cover the grill and continue to cook until steak is done to preference, turning once. I press the steak to determine if it’s “medium” but you can use a meat thermometer to be more precise.
- Once done, remove the stead to a large platter and loosely cover with aluminum foil for 5-10 minutes to allow juices to distribute. Then, using a fork and long sharp knife cut the steak against the grain (opposite direction that the lines of the meat run in) in 1/2 inch slices on a slight angle. See this video for quick easy instructions showing how to do this.
- To turn marinade into a sauce, bring it to a full boil in a small saucepan and allow to boil/strong simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add a bit of coconut aminos and a few drops of hot sauce and serve with steak
- Serve steak with veggies, over salad, with sweet potato fries and with the sauce (or your favorite sauce)
- *Recipe note steak can also be made stovetop in a large cast iron skillet
*Gluten-free liquid aminos or soy sauce is a non-paleo/whole30 alternative
Thanks in your visit to our blog. be sure to share, go through updates from my blog, which i will pin on our Pinterest account, hopefully it'll be useful for some individuals
source : foodandcake123 .