One-Pot Chicken Pot Pie Fettuccine
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:25 mins
Total time:35 mins
- 1 lb chicken breasts, diced into 1/2-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced 1/4-in thick
- 2 stalks celery, small-diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3 cups milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 lb dry fettuccine pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven or large saucepan, saute chicken, onion, carrots, celery, and garlic in olive oil over medium-high heat until veggies are tender and chicken is no longer pink. Stir in flour until smooth, then slowly stir in milk, chicken broth, and parsley. Add dry fettuccine and bring mixture to a simmering, stirring to incorporate pasta underneath the liquid.
- Reduce heat to medium and keep pasta at a simmer, stirring occasionally until sauce begins to thicken and the pasta is tender and creamy, about 25 minutes.
- Remove pasta from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy immediately!