- Wallpaper: 84.jpg
- Food Recipes Easy
- May 9, 2019
Welcome readers, we'll share the writing of the food recipes, that is directly practiced at your house
Mango cake roll is a light and fluffy chiffon cake iced with mango Swiss meringue buttercream.
Cuisine Asian, Western
Prep Time 35 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
For the chiffon cake:
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- ¼ cup sugar
For the Mango Swiss Meringue Buttercream:
- 3 egg whites from 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 and ½ sticks butter room temperature
- ¼ cup mango puree ( either from canned ones or fresh mangoes)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan with parchment paper, extending from the bottom up to the sides of the pan.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, Whisk the egg whites at medium to high speed until frothy then add the cream of tartar. Continue whisking while gradually adding ¼ cup sugar until the egg whites form stiff peaks. A good way to test if the whites are done is to turn the bowl upside down. The meringue should not drip down.
- Meanwhile, as the egg whites comes close to reaching the stiff peaks stage, beat the egg yolks and sugar in another bowl. Once they are thick and lighter in color, add in the milk, oil and vanilla extract. Sift the baking powder and flour over the yolk mixture and combine mixture using a wire whisk until smooth.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk batter gradually and very carefully as to not deflate the meringue. Once the batter is all uniform in color, pour it into the prepared pan and bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean.
- Turn the cake over into a pre-cut parchment paper that is dusted with powdered sugar. The cake should now be facing down. Peel the parchment paper from the cake and let cake cool.
- Spread the icing on the surface of the cake.
- To roll, lift the parchment paper that is on the short side of cake and gently roll the cake while holding on to the edge of the parchment paper, as if enclosing the cake roll inside.
- Gently peel off the parchment paper from the roll and set the cake on a serving plate. Ice the outside and add fruits for garnish, if desired.
For the Mango Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Set a heat proof glass bowl on top of a pot of simmering water. Add the egg whites and sugar into the bowl and start to whisk continuously for about 7-15 minutes. The egg whites should reach a temperature of 165 F and the appearance is more white and bubbly. .
- Transfer the egg whites into the bowl of stand mixer and whisk on high speed until it is very thick , opaque and cool to the touch. This should take about 8-10 minutes.
- Add half the amount of butter and continue whisking until smooth, then add the other half. The icing might curdle at this point. Just continue whisking for about 3- 5 minutes until it becomes fluffy and smooth. Add the mango puree and whisk until smooth and incorporated
Thank you very much to your visit to the blog. don't neglect to share, follow the updates from my blog, which we'll pin on our Pinterest account, hopefully will probably be useful persons
source : foodandcake123 .