Lemon Berry Napoleon
Prep Time 30 mins
Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 25 mins
Total Time 55 mins
Calories: 644 kcal
Author: Kat Jeter & Melinda Caldwell
- 2 sheets Puff Pastry
- 2 1/4 tsp Powdered gelatin , unflavored
- ¼ c Warm water
- 2 c Heavy Cream
- 4 Tbsp Powdered sugar
- 10 oz Lemon Curd
- 1 c Strawberries
- 1 c Blueberries
- 1 c Blackberries
- 1 c Raspberries
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Lay thawed puff pastry sheet on a floured surface and roll it out into a 12x 12 inch square.
- Cut the square into three 12 inch x 4 inch strips and prick them all over with a fork.
- Place the puff pastry strips on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Repeat for second puff pastry sheet.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and place back in refrigerator to chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Once chilled remove baking sheets from refrigerator and place in over.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the dough begins to turn golden brown then place another baking sheet directly on top of the dough and continue baking for another 6-7 minutes.
- Remove the top baking sheet and finish baking for 6-7 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Remove the puff pastry sheets from the oven and while they are still warm trim the edges of the puff pastry and cut the strips in half making each one 6 inches x 4 inches (approximately).
- Cool completely.
- While the puff pastry cools make the lemon mousse.
- Fill a small bowl with the warm water and sprinkle the gelatin over it letting it dissolve.
- Whip the heavy cream until it forms soft peaks then add the powdered sugar and the gelatin.
- Continue to whip until it forms stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in the lemon curd mixing until it is fully incorporated.
- You will use 3 puff pastry pieces for each Napoleon.
- Spread lemon mousse over the bottom piece making it about 1/2 inch thick. Top with the next piece and repeat.
- Top the third layer of puff pastry with lemon mousse and place on a baking sheet.
- Do this for all of the puff pastry and then place your 4 Napoleons in the refrigerator to firm up.
- Before serving top with fresh berries.