- Wallpaper: up24.png
- Food Recipes Easy
- May 5, 2019
Welcome readers, we shall share the writing of all food recipes, which may be directly practiced at your home
The salad I came up with is inspired by an Italian Sub Sandwich and can be made two ways with most of the same ingredients. One is appealing to low carb lovers, one is a delicious tortellini salad.
Here is what you need to make it happen:
- 2 Hearts of Romaine, Shredded
- 1/2 lb of Salami, Sliced, Cut into Squares
- 1/2 lb of Provolone, Sliced, Cut into Squares
- 8oz Package of Marinated Mini Fresh Mozzarella Balls
- 1 Cucumber, Sliced Thin
- 1 Red Pepper, Sliced into Strips
- 1 C of Mild Pepper Rings
- 1 White Onion, Sliced into Strips
- 1 T Black Pepper
- 1 T Dried Basil
- 1 C of Parmesan, Cubed
- 1/2 lb Pepperoni, Diced
- 1 20 oz Packaged of Frozen Cheese Tortellini, Prepared According To The Package, Rinsed and Cooled
- 2 T of Olive Oil
- 2 t Salt
For The Dressing
- 1 C Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 C Olive Oil
- 1 T Garlic Powder
- 1 T Dried Basil
- 1 T Brown Sugar (or a natural sweetener)
- 2 t Kosher Salt
For the Tortellini Salad
- In a large bowl add the marinated fresh mozzarella, 1/2 the red peppers, 1/2 the cucumbers, 1/2 the cheeses and meats, 1/2 the peppers, 1/2 the onion. Toss well to coat in the marinated fresh mozzarella oil.
- Add 2 t salt, 1 T pepper, 2 T olive oil, 1 T dried basil, toss well to coat.
- You do not want the pasta to be swimming in a dressing, only a light coating of dressing makes this salad great.
- Add the cooked and cooled tortellini.
- Toss well to coat.
- Top with the mild pepper rings.
- Let sit covered in the fridge overnight.
- Italian Sub Tortellini Salad
- Tortellini Salad Variation
For The Lettuce Salad
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the salad dressing. Set Aside on the counter.
- In a large bowl add the romaine lettuce and top the salad with the two peppers, meats, cheeses, onions, and cucumbers.
- Arrange in a pattern over the lettuce, sprinkle lightly with salt, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight
- no carb and low carb lovers with love this. also keto friendly.
- Low Carb Version of the Italian Sub Salad
- Remove salad from fridge, the salt will have allowed the veggies to make a nice juice, dump the salad in a large bowl and toss well. I serve this salad on top of toasted Chateau Bread Dumplings but you can leave the bread out for it to be carb free friendly.
- Drizzle very lightly with the dressing and serve the rest on the side for people to add as they choose.
Thank you very much for the visit to your blog. don't forget to share, stick to the updates from our blog, which we will pin on our Pinterest account, hopefully it will be useful for other individuals
source : heathyeasy .