- Wallpaper: 83.jpg
- Food Recipes Easy
- April 13, 2019
Hawaiian Dream Cake
- 1 (15.25 oz.) package yellow cake mix + oil & eggs to prepare cake
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, well-drained & juice reserved
- 1/3 c. coconut
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. cold REAL® milk
- 1 (3 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 c. REAL® whipping or heavy cream
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 c. coconut
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans
- Drain pineapple and reserve the juice. Place pineapple in the refrigerator to be used later.
- Prepare cake as directed on the package, using reserved pineapple juice for the liquid instead of water. Fold 1/3 cup coconut into batter. Bake in a 13x9" pan according to package directions. Once baked, cool cake completely.
- Beat softened cream cheese with an electric mixer for about 30 seconds; add milk and beat for another 30 seconds. Add dry pudding mix and beat until well combined and smooth. Fold in drained pineapple.
- Spread pineapple pudding mixture evenly on top of the cake.
- With clean beaters and bowl, beat whipping cream and vanilla at medium speed until frothy. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Spread in an even layer on top of pineapple pudding mixture.
- Sprinkle top of cake with 2/3 cup coconut and then chopped nuts. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Note: Cake can be served right away, but is even better after being refrigerated overnight to allow the flavors to meld.