- Wallpaper: kimchi stew recipe.jpg
- Food Recipes Easy
- May 26, 2019
Welcome readers, i will share the writing of most food recipes, and this can be directly practiced at your house
The history of kimchi traces back early as 3000 years ago when the ancients had to preserve and store their autumn harvest of vegetables in order to survive the winter. Kimchi was prepared in early winter and stored below ground in large kimchi pots and kept the whole community fed till spring. Made from cabbage, radishes, cucumber, eggplant, radish greens, and fruit, kimchi could be found in endless varieties depending on the region of Korea it was made. Even fish or squid kimchi could be found along the coastline of the south. These ingredients were pickled in a mixture of coarse salt, chili, ginger, garlic, fish sauce, and water and gave kimchi its distinct, spicy flavor.
Kimchi could be eaten right out of the pot as the main course or as an ingredient in hot dishes such as kimchi stew. I'm sure a nice hot bowl of kimchi stew was very welcome during those cold, gray winter months in Old Korea.
Kimchi Stew (Kimchi tchigae)
¼ head of kimchi
¼ lb. pork
1/2 a root of green onion
2 tablespoons of chili powder
1 tablespoon of ground garlic
salt, pepper powder, chili
1. Cut kimchi into small pieces.
2. Prepare pork belly. Cut them into slices.
3. Slice onion thickly. Minced garlic and cut the green onion diagonally.
4. Put kimchi, pork and chili powder into a pot and add a little bit of water. Mix well so the there is no chili powder lumps. (If you want to make the stew not so spicy, add kimchi juice instead of the chili powder and boil.)
5. Add water again to 4 and boil. Add onion later.
6. If the kimchi is cooked, add minced garlic, green onion and chili, and boil again.
NOTE: As an alternative 2 cups of anchovy stock can be added to the boil as well as 1/3 lb. tofu, cut into cubes in step 5.
Anchovy stock: Boil 10 dried anchovies, a 4x4 inch piece seaweed (dashima), a 1x2 inch piece Korean radish in 10 cups water for 20 minutes. Strain before using.
Thanks for your visit to our blog. make sure you share, adhere to the updates from blog, which i will pin on our Pinterest account, hopefully it will likely be useful for other individuals
source : https ://oklikshare .