EASY MEXICAN SHRIMP SKILLET
Cook Time 00:10
Total Time 0:20
Serves 4 people ADJUST SERVINGS
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and peppers and sauté 5-7 minutes, until tender.
- Add garlic and seasonings and sauté an additional 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp to pan in an even layer and cook 1-2 minutes per side, until just cooked through.
- Remove and serve sprinkled with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
- I prefer the 21-30 size shrimp, but you can use your favorite size.
- You can cook the shrimp in batches, if needed. Just make sure not to overcook your shrimp!
- You can adjust the amount of jalapeño, and whether you use seeds, to control the amount of heat here.
- The fresh cilantro and lime juice really make this dish pop – don’t skip them!
- This goes great over rice or quinoa, or in tacos or wraps.