If you peek your head round these parts, you’ll notice i have a robust affinity for custard-soaked carbs, particularly of the French toast variety.
You’ve got your banana bread French Toast, your festively flavored French toast, and remaining but now not least, your crammed French toast. these days, we’re adding one extra to the mixture with smooth Cinnamon French Toast Sticks.
So what makes those buttery batons tasty sufficient to steer clear of the force-via breakfast menu? None apart from a easy cinnamon-vanilla custard that lends the feature eggy coating.
It’s approximately time you forget about the forks and take a stroll at the slender side with finger-pleasant French toast sticks. All that’s lacking from this breakfast celebration is some clean berry buoys and a heat maple syrup plunge pool.
- 8 slices thick-cut Texas toast
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Unsalted butter, for cooking
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Cut every slice of Texas toast into 4 sticks. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla. Dip every piece of bread within the egg combination, turning to coat it on all sides so that it is nicely-saturated with the custard.
- Shake off any excess and vicinity the coated bread on a large plate or baking dish. Repeat the dipping process with the final pieces of bread.
- Warmness a big sauté pan over medium heat and upload 2 to three tablespoons of butter. as soon as the butter has melted, area several of the lined sticks in a single layer within the pan. (Do no longer overcrowd the pan.) cook dinner until golden brown on one aspect then flip and continue cooking until the sticks are golden brown and slightly crisped on all edges.
- Serve without delay with maple syrup for dipping.