This cake is the PERFECT recipe to have on hand for any celebrations, and you can top it with our homemade Chocolate Frosting, Chocolate Ganache, or Whipped Cream!
Easy Chocolate Cake is one of my all-time favorite desserts to make anytime a birthday comes around in this house. It’s incredible moist, with hints of coffee flavor which really brings out the best of the chocolate. I like to double this chocolate cake recipe and use several cake pans to make a layer cake.
I’m also making homemade frosting, which is perfect if you’re making a layer dish because you can wee as much as you demand. This is my go-to cover instruction because it only takes a total measure of 45 transactions to variety. Your friends and kinfolk leave suppose you picked it up from a work!
Brown cake give worst in the icebox for nearly a hebdomad. Cakes are commonly small session on the sideboard, but know to be refrigerated when you individual a top moisture or dairy voice, equivalent whipped withdraw.
If you use my homemade topping, this cake can be stored on the furniture. If you use buttercream, it will status to be refrigerated if the buttercream direction utilized egg whites.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup hot coffee you can substitute boiling water
- Chocolate Frosting Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter and dust with cocoa powder two 9″ cake pans.
- In a stand mixer on low speed mix together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt,
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla then add it to the stand mixer on low then medium speed until just combined and finally add in the water carefully and stir it in by hand until just combined (do not turn on the mixer, it may splash on you).
- Pour half of the batter into each of the pans and bake for 30-35 minutes then remove, let cool completely and frost with the chocolate frosting.