- Wallpaper: 510.jpg
- Food Recipes Easy
- May 9, 2019
Welcome readers, we're going to share the writing off food recipes, which is often directly practiced in the home
COURSE: ENTREE, MAIN COURSE
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 6 SERVINGS C
ALORIES: 590 KCAL
AUTHOR: THE CHUNKY CHEF
Simple, elegant and quick cooking, this 20 minute tortellini pasta carbonara is the answer to your weeknight dinner prayers! Easy and family friendly!
- 20 oz family style package of Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini fresh
- 4 large eggs, room temperature use pasteurized if concerned
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped optional garnish
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped optional garnish
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. While water is heating up, add eggs and Parmesan cheese to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add diced bacon to a large skillet and heat over MED to MED-HIGH heat. Cook until crispy, about 5-6 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate, reserving the grease in the pan.
- Salt boiling water, then add tortellini pasta. Boil according to package directions. Ladle out about a cup of the pasta water to a small bowl, then drain pasta.
- Add shallot and garlic to bacon drippings in skillet. Cook about 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently so they don't burn.
- Working quickly, pour about 2 Tbsp of hot pasta water into the egg mixture, whisking very quickly as you pour. This tempers the eggs so they won't scramble when you add them to the pasta later.
- Turn off heat to the skillet. Add drained pasta to the skillet, then, working very quickly, add in the tempered egg and cheese mixture a little at a time, tossing to combine as you add in a little more. Pour in reserved pasta water, a tablespoon or so at a time, as you toss, until sauce reaches a consistency you like.
- Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with cooked bacon pieces and toss one more time.
- Serve hot with additional Parmesan cheese, parsley and basil if desired.
Thanks to you for the visit to our own blog. don't neglect to share, continue with the updates from my blog, which we'll pin on our Pinterest account, hopefully it will be useful for some individuals
source : foodandcake123 .