Prep time 3 mins
Cook time 2 mins
Total time 5 mins
Author: Amanda @ Running with Spoons
Yields: 1 mug cake
- 2 Tbsp (14 g) coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp (5 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg OR flax egg*
- (optional:) 1/2 – 1 Tbsp (5-10 g) dairy-free chocolate chips
- Order Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- If using a flax egg, combine the ground flax and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the coconut flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder in a microwave-safe mug or bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and milk, stirring until no clumps remain. Add the egg (or flax egg), and use a fork to lightly beat it into the batter, making sure that it’s fully incorporated. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips, reserving a few to sprinkle on the top.
- Microwave on high for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, depending on microwave strength and thickness of mug.
- Remove from microwave, grab a spoon, and enjoy!
* To make a flax egg, take 1 Tbsp (7 g) of ground flax and combine it with 3 Tbsp (45 ml) of water.