- Wallpaper: 116.jpg
- Food Recipes Easy
- April 13, 2019
Creamy Lemon Angel Cake Roll
Author: Jen Nikolaus
Author: Jen Nikolaus
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: about 10
- 9 egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp. cream of tartar
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp. Truvia Baking Blend (or 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar)
- ¾ cup sifted all-purpose or cake flour
- 1-2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- ½ cup Truvia Baking Blend or 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 cup whipped cream (can whip your own heavy whipping cream or use Cool Whip)
- powdered sugar, for topping
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; lightly spray paper with cooking spray and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Add vanilla and cream of tartar to egg whites. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Fold in flour, about ¼ cup at a time. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool 5 minutes.
- Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with powdered sugar. Gently peel off parchment paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with the short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thick and bubbly. Continue cooking for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Crack your egg in a small bowl and lightly beat. Stir a small amount of the hot mixture into the egg and slowly add the egg mixture to the return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil and pull off heat. Gently stir in lemon juice and peel. Let cool down for a few minutes, then fold in whipped cream a little bit at a time.
- Unroll cake carefully and spread filling to within ½" of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, slice and serve! Enjoy!
Adapted from Taste of Home