CINNAMON ROLL CAKE ROLL
PREP TIME 60 mins
PREP TIME 60 mins
COOK TIME 8 mins
TOTAL TIME 1 hour 8 mins
Author: Lyuba Brooke
Serves: 1 cake roll
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp melted butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp flour
- Powder sugar for rolling
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temerature
- ½ cup powder sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup COOL WHIP topping
- 1½ cup powder sugar
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 and line 17x11x1 pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil spray (make sure to get the sides too).
- Beat eggs with electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes until thick and light yellow.
- Slowly beat in granulated sugar.
- Lower speed to low and add water and vanilla extract.
- Still on low, slowly add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat just until batter is smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- In a small sauce pot, over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and flour. Stir for a couple of minutes and then drizzle over the cake batter. Carefully swirl the cake batter.
- Bake for 8 minutes and touch the center of the cake to make sure it’s done.
- Run a spatula around the edges of the pan to loosen the cake. Let it rest for a few minutes.
- Generously sprinkle a clean kitchen towel with powder sugar. Carefully, turn the cake pan upside down onto the towel. Gently remove parchment paper. Trim off crusty edges if necessary.
- While the cake is still hot, gently roll cake with the towel from narrow end (don’t make it too tight and don’t press).
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese on medium-high speed, until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Lower the speed to low and beat in powder sugar and cinnamon.
- Turn up the speed back to medium-high and beat for about 3-4 minutes, until the frosting is light, smooth and fluffy.
- Turn speed back down to low and fold in COOL WHIP. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and fold until all mixed.
- Unroll cake carefully. Spread frosting all over the cake, leaving about an inch and a half one of the short ends(not the one you start rolling on).
- Carefully roll the cake back up (starting with the side that has filling to the edge) and place cake on the serving dish, seam down.
- Warm up heavy cream and vanilla, but not too hot. Add powder sugar to the warmed heavy cream and whisk slowly, until all smooth. Drizzle all over the cake.