Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories 332 kcal
Author Dinner at the Zoo
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup bourbon apple juice can be substituted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions optional
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- While the chicken is cooking. In a medium bowl whisk together the bourbon, brown sugar, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, water, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately, over rice if desired.
Adapted from bigoven.com