- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 3 tbsp. butter, plus 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. milk
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 c. shredded Monterey jack
- 1/2 c. ranch dressing
- 1/3 c. buffalo sauce, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 c. panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°. Butter a 9”-x-13” baking dish. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a medium pot over medium. Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Slowly add milk to flour mixture, while whisking constantly. Continue whisking until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.