Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 25 mins
Total time 30 mins
Recipe type: Main Dish
Baked honey cilantro lime salmon in foil is cooked to tender, flaky perfection in just 30 minutes with a flavorful garlic and honey lime glaze.
- 1 large salmon fillet (see note)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup butter, melted (see note)
- juice of 2 limes (plus one lime, thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅓ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Order Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line and grease a large baking sheet with foil. Lay salmon on foil and season with salt and pepper on both sides to taste. Slip lime slices underneath the salmon.
- Stir together butter, lime juice, honey, and garlic. Pour mixture over salmon. Fold sides of foil up over the salmon (don’t worry if it doesn’t cover the salmon completely).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Switch oven to broil and cook another 5 minutes. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over the top and serve.
- Don’t stress about the size of your salmon fillet. This recipe is very forgiving and works for one very large salmon, a couple of medium-sized fillets, or even several small individual fillets.
- For an even lighter version, you can cut back the butter to 4 tablespoons instead of a half cup (8 tablespoons). Keep in mind though that for a very large salmon fillet like the one I used, 8 tablespoons is not a terribly huge amount when divided between 4-6 servings.