- Wallpaper: 224.jpg
- Food Recipes Easy
- May 8, 2019
Welcome readers, we shall share the writing of food recipes, that is directly practiced in your house
BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
prep 5 mins
prep 5 mins
cook 15 mins
total 20 mins
yield 4 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pound chicken breasts lightly so they are of even thickness.
- Pour olive oil in a 13" x 9" baking dish. Lightly dredge the chicken through to coat it, then place chicken breasts side by side in the dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over both sides of the chicken and rub it in with your hands. Place chicken breasts side by side, making sure there is no overlap.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until juices are clear or a meat thermometer reads 160-170 degrees. *Note - depending on the size of your chicken breasts, it could take longer. Mine were pounded to less than an inch thick.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes while the juices settle before slicing.
- Serve hot.
- A lot of people were concerned about the olive oil being cooked at such a high temperature and that it can break down and become harmful so I have switched to using corn or canola oil. Although the oven temp is 450 degrees, the food (and consequently the oil) doesn't reach anywhere near that temperature and it's only in the oven for a short time. I have never had an issue with the small amount of extra virgin olive oil reaching it's smoke point on the chicken, but if you are concerned, I recommend doing some research and making that decision for yourself.
Thanks for the visit to our own blog. don't neglect to share, continue with the updates in our blog, which we shall pin on our Pinterest account, hopefully it will be useful for some individuals
source : foodandcake123 .