Welcome readers, we’ll share the writing of most food recipes, and this can be directly practiced in your house
Brown butter crepes packed with Apple Cinnamon and Cinnamon Whipped Cream. Served with caramel sauce on pinnacle, these apple cinnamon crepes are like fall in each chunk!
So the times are becoming less warm and day light is getting shorter with the aid of the day. In reality the day before today I got up at 5:30 am and it become simply darkish outdoor. simply few months lower back while my parents had been here, my dad used to head for his morning walk on the identical time and it was best and bright.
Oh well, it’s going to worsen and as a food blogger I really dread the gray skies and lack of sun. anyway to deviate my thoughts off the gray skies, I made those Apple Cinnamon Crepes for our weekend brunch this week. Aren’t they suitable?
I need to confess even though that I first notion of naming this recipe “Brown Butter Apple Cinnamon Crepes” because I browned the butter earlier than adding to the recipe. however after making the dish and eating it, I realized that the taste of brown butter wasn’t definitely distinguished.
Apple and cinnamon turned into over-powering. So i am just calling those apple cinnamon crepes and you could very well use normal butter and pass the browning component. Brown butter simply adds to the flavor but you could thoroughly do without it in this recipe since it’s more approximately apples and cinnamon.
- 1 cup flour [i used whole wheat flour which i use to make roti, you can use regular flour]
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup + ⅛ cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Apple Cinnamon Filling:
- 4-5 apples, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter [i used salted, you can use unsalted butter as well]
Cinnamon Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder, depending on how much you love cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Make the crepe batter
- In a small pan on medium warmth, soften three tablespoons of butter.
- The butter will soften, then bubble up and them loosen up.
- It’s going to flip brown in color in 5-6 mins and you may have a nutty aroma with the aid of then. Be very cautious right here because it may also burn and also you do not need that. As quickly as it turns brown, do away with butter from warmness and permit it quiet down
- To a blender add – milk, water, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, melted brown butter.
- Now add flour, salt and sugar.
- Mixture until the whole thing is nicely blended and also you get a clean batter. transfer to a bowl, cowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Put together the apple cinnamon filling
- Within the meanwhile put together the apple cinnamon filling. melt some butter in a pan. upload chopped apples, brown sugar, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and water.
- Cook the mixture for little while till the apples get tender [around 5 minutes] yet maintain their form. take away from warmness and set apart.
Make the crepes
- Warmness a non-stick pan on medium warmth. Spray it with a non-stick spray.
- Pour around 1/3 cup batter inside the center of the pan and right now swirl the pan around to spread the batter frivolously.
- Prepare dinner for a minute or so and turn the crepe when you see bubbles on top. cook dinner the opposite side for another minute or so and get rid of from pan.
- Repeat the system of making crepes until the batter is completed.
Make Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- Vicinity the bowl and the whisk attachment within the refrigerator for 15-20 mins before you whip the cream.
- Beat heavy cream with the twine whisk attachment of your stand mixer or using your hand mixer till it paperwork gentle peaks.
- Add sugar, cinnamon powder and vanilla extract and beat again until the cream shape stiff peaks. Set aside.
- To collect the crepes, vicinity the apple-cinnamon filling and the cinnamon whipped cream on one facet of the crepe.
Assemble the crepes
- To assemble the crepes, place the apple-cinnamon filling and the cinnamon whipped cream on one facet of the crepe.
- Roll the crepe, drizzle a few caramel sauce on top and serve immediately with a few more cinnamon whipped cream on the facet!