Welcome readers, we are going to share the writing of food recipes, and this can be directly practiced in the home
is something that most any Brit is well familiar with. Traditionally a
desert recipe, I could see having something like this for breakfast,
lunch, or dinner. Joking aside, this dish is rich and resembles french
toast. If you are intrigued, give it a try.
|photo credit: my-easy-cooking.com|
- 10-15 pieces of bread
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of superfine sugar
- 1 cup of cream
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of salted butter (melted)
- 8 ounces of dark chocolate (chopped)
- Remove the crust from the pieces of bread.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Then put it to the side.
- Pour the milk, cream and vanilla into a pan. Warm it on low heat.
- Once warm, slowly whisk the mixture into the eggs and sugar.
- Strain the mixture and let it cool.
- Spread butter on the slices of bread and set them on a baking dish.
- Over the top of the bread, sprinkle the chopped chocolate.
- Follow this with another layer of bread and another layer of chocolate.
- Drizzle the mixture from earlier on top of the slices.
- Let the bread soak in the milk mix for about 30 minutes.
- In a preheated oven, bake for about 45 minutes @ 275°F.
- After removing from oven, refrigerate the pudding.
|photo credit: parentdish.co.uk|
This is best served warm and sprinkled with a little confectioner’s sugar.
Cooking time (duration): 90 Minutes
Number of servings (yield): 6 People