- 8 oz lo mein noodles, or spaghetti
- 8 oz flank steak, sliced 1/4″ thick against the grain
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, light
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot matchsticks
- 3 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, you can use regular light soy sauce or the mixture of 1 tbsp light soy sauce and 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp Asian sesame oil
- Prepare the noodles according to the package directions. The refrigerated Lo Mein noodles don’t need to be boiled, and you can warm them up in hot water. If you use dry noodles, cook them in boiling water according to the instruction.
- Cut flank steak into thin strips.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix 1 tbsp of cornstarch and 1 tbsp of soy sauce. Then add the beef strips to the mixture. Marinate for 5-10 minutes to tenderize the beef. You can skip this step if you are in a rush
- In a medium bowl, mix 2 tbsp soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar and ginger. For the best results, use 1 tbsp of light soy sauce and 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- Meanwhile, place a large skillet over medium-high heat.